Blast Hole Sampling
Improvements in technology over the recent years have allowed many of the previously manual tasks in mining and smelting to become safer than ever. One task that still relies on manual interaction is blast hole sampling.
That is until now. Lewis Australia has developed the ScOREpion. Lewis has automatic blast hole samplers for different mines installed around the world. Lewis Australia saw the requirement to improve the accuracy of sampling and improve operator safety.
The operators stay in the vehicle while the robot automatically takes the sample. Samples can be crushed, split and bagged.
The benefits of the ScOREpion are:
- Improved quality and consistency
- Sampling errors reduced by two thirds
- Greater volume of sample can be collected and split before reaching the laboratory
- Improved operator safety
- Can operate during lightning storms
- Works on wet and dry cones
- All sampling is information is stored in a database and tracked to the cone
- Cone flitching is an option
Contact Lewis to see how they can help you in your mining application.
Scroll down for more of their products