Project Updates

Hera-Nymagee mine

Credit: Pybar Mining Service

Minerals: Gold, copper, silver, lead, zinc
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Reserves: ​​​​​​​3.2 million tonnes
Status: Production ceased

Production from Aurelia Metals’ Hera gold base metal deposit began in September 2014 and was ceased permanently in March 2023. The surface infrastructure was put under care and will be used for the Federation project located 10km south of the site.

Filo del Sol project

Credit: Shutterstock

Minerals: Copper, gold, silver
Location: Eritrea, East Africa
Reserves: 3.09mt zinc, 800,000t copper
Mine life: 13 years

Filo Mining, a Canadian exploration company and a member of the Lundin Group, is developing the Filo del Sol project with initial capital costs projected at $1.8bn. An updated pre-feasibility study for the project which covers an area of 13,575ha, was announced in February 2023.

Bisha project

Credit: Kin Communications

Minerals: Gold, silver, zinc, copper
Location: Cote d'Ivoire
Reserves: 174.3 million tonnes
Mine life: 17 years

Developed by Canadia’s Nevsun Resources, the Bisha project started producing gold in 2011, copper in 2013 and zinc in 2016. In 2019, Zijin Mining acquired Nevsun Resources’s 60% stake in the project. It currently owns a 55% interest and Eritrean National Mining Company holds the remaining 45%.