Micronised Mineral Solutions
Australian Patent holders for “Method and Apparatus for Acidic Surface Water Treatment”. Micronised Mineral Solutions Pty Ltd (MMS) specialises in manufacturing a comprehensive suite of finely ground industrial minerals for the mining, oil, gas and agriculture sectors.
Scroll down to read the article
Micronised Mineral Solutions Pty Ltd (MMS) a mineral earths company focused on offering high-quality mineral products and whole of service in innovative ways. Established in Darwin in 2007 to service the mining, oil & gas, civil and agricultural sectors throughout Northern Australia with a comprehensive suite of industrial minerals.
Our vision “Environmental Transformation”
Leon Tarrant, Director has a background in mechanical engineering and is the driving force behind the innovative chemistry and equipment design created to meet our clients’ projects. Leon is supported by a team of experienced business management and technical personnel with sound business finance, logistics, engineering, materials production and marketing experience.
We provide our customers with flexible lower cost options for dealing with environmental issues. We view ourselves as partners with our customers, our employees, our community and our environment. We aim to become an internationally recognised company for environmental transformation.
MMS are minerals specialists for the manufacture and supply of industrial and agricultural minerals. Our services include :
- Provision of a whole of service approach for mine process pH control treatment, including product manufacture, transport and treatment hardware.
- Engineering and chemical design – including product development, inhouse and third party laboratory testing, engineering and construction of large scale water treatment system.
- Soil stabilisation manufacture and supplier of reagents for acid sulphate soils for the civil and mining industries.
- Agricultural products – manufacturer and supplier of agricultural soil treatment minerals – calcium carbonate, dolomite, bentonite and gypsum.
What we offer
MMS provides a complete service vertically integrated from mine to product to meet our client requirements. Our modern purpose built facility is ideally located in East Arm, close to the Darwin port and train terminals, with specialised manufacturing equipment including twin vertical roller mills providing annual capacity of >100,000 tonnes production infinitely managed by turbine classification for careful particle size management for exacting product sizes ranging from 5-250 micron. With multiple road train access, road tankers, ISO and purpose built tipping containers for client delivery options.
MMS ensures the production of high-quality fine ground minerals with the added capacity to accurately blend specialty products to suit client requirements.
MMS holds patented technology for innovative mine process pH control treatment systems and chemistry. This technology provides a fast and affordable method for the emptying of acidated mine pit water for either rehabilitation or the recommencement of mining.
MMS is the only major supplier of Chememan Quicklime and Hydrated limes to various projects within Northern Australia. MMS Minerals service a variety of mining applications :
- Heavy Rare Earth Mineral Processing (Quick lime or Hydrated lime)
- Acid Tailings & Water Treatment for Gold and Uranium mines
- Quick lime and Hydrated limes for domestic waste water treatment and industrial binder applications.
- Quick lime and Hydrated limes to mine sites for use with in-house slaking plants.
Throughout Ukraine, the mining industry’s general debt is estimated to be $18.7m
The Silo and Tanker
During the first ten months of 2017, Ukraine spent $2.15bn on coal imports
Our key clients include:
Vista Gold Australia – Mt Todd Mine Pit - Whole of service treatment of 10.3 billion litres of acid mine drainage. Completed within a 4-month time frame.
Australian Mud Company – Manufacture and supply drilling grade barite and vendor services for onshore oil and gas exploration.
Pacific Aluminium – Provision of contingent bulk containerised quicklime and in-house engineered container discharge equipment system.
Monadelphous Group Ltd – manufacture and supply of reagent for gas pipeline trench for Inpex Site.
Katherine Water Treatment Plant – provision of aluminium sulphate and dense soda ash.
Northern Minerals’ Browns Range Project – supply of high quality Chememan quicklime for heavy rare earths mineral processing.
Kirkland Lake Gold Australia Hayes Creek mine site – supply of fine ground quicklime for on site water treatment plant.
More than half of the country’s coal mines are managed by pro-Russian separatist militia. Credit: DmyTo/Shutterstock.
Quality Approvals and Awards
MMS is proud to have achieved the following awards:
- Accelerating Commercialisation Grant in 2016 to implement a comprehensive water sampling and ecotoxicology assessment program to evaluate the effectiveness of the MMS in-situ acid mine water treatment process.
- Short Listed Australian Technologies Competition 2016 for Decontamination of acid mine water technology.
- Finalist in the 2016 NT Department of Business Industry Innovation Award for our pH management and control technology.
- Australian Patent Method & Apparatus for Acidic Surface Water Treatment
It is essential to pay wage arrears in full [and] stamp out corruption in the industry