14th ausimm mill operators' conference
29-31 august, brisbane, australia
The 14th AusIMM Mill Operators’ Conference 2018 will focus on getting ‘Back to Basics’ – challenging delegates to reassess the fundamentals of our sector.
Throughout this 3-day conference, 55 global experts will share their knowledge in operating practices for mineral processing plants, including extractive metallurgy, process control and environmental issues.
Distinguished Keynote speakers include:
- Andrew Newell MAusIMM(CP) – Executive Consultant in Processing, RPM Global
Metallurgical test work – between a rock and a hard place
- Jean-Paul Franzidis – University of Cape Town
Back to basics or back to the future?
- Neville Plint – Director, Sustainable Minerals Institute
Back to basics – resourcing the mining industry
- Peter Munro FAusIMM – Senior Principal Consulting Engineer, Mineralis Consultants Pty Ltd
A 40-year retrospective and a vision for the future
The Millops conference also offers workshops and tours which is an opportunity for delegates to have first-hand experience of mining operation sites or tours of organisations operating in this sector.
Workshops and tours:
- Mt Isa and Cloncurry tour on 27 and 28 August
- Brisbane site tour on 28 August include organisations – Core Resources, Mineral Technologies and Julius Kruttschnitt Mineral Research Centre (JKMRC)
- Pre-conference workshop: MetSoc Plant Operators Forum on 28 August
- Post-conference workshops on 1 September:
- Gemetallurgy and Mineralogy for Mineral Processing
- Lithium Ore Prcessing
Register online to participate in vibrant sessions and share your ideas on real life case studies presented by authors. This is the perfect platform to discuss changes in technology and its value in operating practices.