Sponsored by Bend-tech Group
Bend-tech’s improved handrail design redefines underground safety
Appreciation of the effect of changing regulations enables mine operators to proactively assess and respond to their relative exposure. A proactive response enables the operator to retain control of change processes in advance of a regulatory direction enforcing the change, the resource demand and the timeframe.
By way of example, Aspect Environmental looks at the requirements of the NSW Mining Amendment (Standard Conditions of Mining Leases – Rehabilitation) Regulation 2020 and how operators can respond and retain process control.
end-tech is a leading supplier of handrails to suit a wide range of Sandvik loader and truck models. Our handrails are designed to ensure fall protection and enhanced safety for personnel during maintenance, and are built to withstand the harshest underground mining environments. Built with our patented single action stainless steel hinge system, handrails can easily be folded up during maintenance and down during operation, prolonging handrail integrity and corrosion resistance.
Bend-tech offer direct OEM replacement handrails which also include a number of design enhancements, such as the kick-hinge system and additional kick plates which make maintenance and use of the handrails safer and easier. In addition, we also offer custom designed handrails which can be retrofitted to the machine to increase safety and reduce handrail damage. This offering is best showcased in our TH663 low-folding handrail set.
The low-folding handrails offer features and benefits unique to Bend-tech. These features increase handrail durability, operator safety, operator usability and offer considerable maintenance cost savings over standard OEM design.
- Low hinge points - allow the handrails to lay flat on the deck when not in use, effectively reducing the exposure to damage caused by wipe-outs and rock falls.
- Superior hinging mechanism - the kick-latch design allows operators to engage the folding feature with their feet, eliminating the need to bend down. These latches have a solid structure that offers greater durability compared with the vulnerable OEM design.
- Lay-out design optimisation - the Bend-tech design ensures all noticeable gaps are covered by fold-out handrail gates and extensions to ensure that maintenance teams are protected while carrying out tasks in varied positions across the deck.
- Cost-effective replacement - Bend-tech offer considerable cost savings when compared to standard OEM supply, allowing MEM teams to reduce their maintenance spend and invest greater in safety.
- Local supply - we maintain a high volume of stock across all models to ensure your demands can be met locally without incurring extended lead times.
Our expert team are readily available to discuss your handrail requirements on-site or over the phone.
Tel: 08 9459 8600