SEW-EURODRIVE is a global designer, developer and manufacturer of mechanical power transmission equipment, systems and motor control electronics, headquartered in Bruchsal, Germany. Its broad spectrum of integrated solutions includes geared motors and gear units, high torque industrial gear units, high-efficiency motors, electronic frequency inverters and servo drive systems, decentralised drive systems, plus complete engineered solutions and after-sales technical support/training.
The Australian division of SEW-EURODRIVE is headquartered in Melbourne and is supported by a network of offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Mackay, Townsville, Adelaide and Perth. A comprehensive production, service and technical support centre is located in Melbourne, and is complemented by production, service and assembly facilities in all mainland states.
SEW-EURODRIVE introduces the new Generation X.e industrial gear units
Durability, finely graduated sizes, and an invertible housing are the characteristics of our tried and tested X-series industrial gear units.
The new Generation X.e is based on these features and impresses with its added efficiency, experience, and excellence: Because these industrial gear units can be adapted individually and precisely to the respective requirements of your particular application, both in terms of operation and the surroundings.
Gear unit design
Gear ratio i
Nominal torque MN2 kNm
Helical gear unit
X.F.180e – X.F.250e
2 to 4 stages
6.3 – 400
58 – 175
Bevel-helical gear unit
X.K.180e – X.K.250e
2 to 4 stages
6.3 – 400
58 – 175
The result is:
Highest possible efficiency
Longer service life, even in harsh conditions
Contactless sealing systems
Contactless sealing systems are not affected by wear at the input and output shaft.
Loss of oil is a thing of the past; and the operational safety is also increased.
- Significantly longer maintenance intervals for your drive system
Thermally improved oil level
We are aware of the fine line between reducing the oil limit and obtaining an optimal heat dissipation. This knowledge enabled us to optimally reduce the oil bath temperature. The result: Increased operational safety, saving of resources, prolonged oil change intervals.
- Savings of up to 29% of oil volume
- Increased oil service life by up to 110%
- Reduced churning losses by up to 87.5%
- Reduced oil bath temperature by up to 8%
- Increased thermal limit rating by up to 32%
Optimized bearing preload
Order-specific settings – always the right bearing preload. This reduces the formation of heat spots. The low compression significantly increases the bearing service life.
- Increased bearing service life of the gear unit by up to 220%
- Increased thermal limit rating by up to 24%
- Reduction of the oil bath temperature by up to 4%
Optimized gearing topology
The optimized tooth flank topology is not very prone to displacements.
Meshing interference can be better tolerated. This helps to avoid downtimes
and increases system availability.
- Basis for optimized bearing preload
- Higher operational safety of the drive when external forces effect the shafts
- A new calculation in combination with the optimized tooth flank topology allow for increased static overhung loads by up to 41% in case of unfavorable application angles
- Lower gear unit noise due to optimized tooth meshing
Improved bevel pinion housing
The improved bevel pinion housing enables an optimized oil flow. This is the basis for a higher thermal rating and results in a higher operational safety. Higher powers can be transmitted without the risk of unexpected machine downtimes.
- Basis to obtain a 30% reduction in system power loss
- Increased operational reliability and improved cold start behavior
- Increased overall limit rating by up to 153%
Universal fan guard
The concept of our universal fan guard allows to arrange various fan sizes (boost, balanced, silent) and fan types under one cover. Not only does this concept facilitate fixed installation dimensions in your system, but it also allows for an optimal cooling while given sound pressure limits are adhered to.
- Reduction of the oil bath temperature by up to 36%
- Increased thermal limit rating as compared to the current axial fan by up to 54%
- Lowered sound pressure level as compared to the current axial fan by up to 7 dB(A)
FIND OUT MORE
SEW-EURODRIVE - Driving your success